I got to be in charge of our Steele reunion this year. We had it here in PG, which meant (to the kids) that we didn't get to go anywhere cool this summer. Bummer. Still, though, they loved having cousins here, and we had lots of fun together.
We started the reunion with lunch at Heritage Park in Cedar Hills. It is our favorite park, mostly because of the shady creek running through the middle. A few days before the reunion, one of my friends texted me to say that they were at the park, but there was no water! I was not happy, but I figured if we needed to, we could eat lunch there and then drive up to the splash park in Highland.
Luckily, when we got there, we found that although the first half of the creek was dry, the second half (which has a separate stream running into it) was still running, so there was plenty of space for the kids to play.
We spent several hours there eating hot dogs (with avocado, tomato and onion- yum!) and fruit cups, playing in the water, playing volleyball and talking. It was a good start to the reunion.
That night, we made dinner for the kids and put a movie on while the adults went out to dinner at Cafe Paesan. Mmm... pasta...
I love my family. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment