This was my first trip to Zion, and I'm guessing it wasn't a typical one- it was cool, overcast and rainy most of the time we were there! Luckily, we had this awesome backpack for Eliza- our awesome neighbors let us use it, and it definitely came in handy, especially the shade/rainfly that kept her dry!
I didn't use the backpack once- Price and Josh traded back and forth the whole time. Rebekah tried to take a turn, and they wouldn't let her!
We rode the shuttle around the park. I think this was the kids' favorite thing. When I went into the gift shop to buy a magnet for a souvenir, I bought one that looked like the shuttle- I figured that's what the kids would remember the most!
We definitely didn't see everything there is to see in the park, since were were only there for a few hours, but the rain gave us some extra waterfalls to see.
We did one hike- the Temple of Sinawava. It was wet and a little crowded, but beautiful.
Good thing we brought ponchos!
We stopped at most of the other shuttle stops, got out and looked around, and then got back on the bus. Kind of a whirlwind tour of Zion, but now we can say we've been!
Notice there is no baby in that backpack- I'm sure one of the kids had her off looking at something.
Waiting for the shuttle yet again...
*smolder* (or an attempt, at least)
When we were done at the park, we stopped somewhere- Hurricane, maybe? for Little Caesars (which tasted really, really good after our long day) and then back to Cedar City and bed.
One funny story: after we were back, Tim and I left Eliza with the kids to run to Walmart (about 3 blocks away) for a couple necessities we'd forgotten and a treat for the kids. It was still pouring rain, and dark, and Tim got mixed up and accidentally got on the freeway going south. The next exit was 9 miles down the road! Good thing we had a phone- I called Rebekah, laughing hysterically, and told her we'd be a little longer than we'd expected. Good thing they were okay! I was half picturing us in a car accident, and our kids all in a hotel room, not knowing where we were... glad everything turned out okay!


No comments:
Post a Comment