Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Rest of the End-of-Year Stuff

 So normally, school is out BEFORE Memorial Day.  This year, we went all the way to June 3rd.  These pictures are the Dance Festival.  Annie danced to "Step in Time."

As I was watching the kids dance, I started thinking about how many more years I get to do this.  Before I found out I was pregnant, I thought I had 6 more years of this.  That sounds like kind of a lot by itself.

Now, though, I will have 13 more years of Dance Festival.  That REALLY sounds like a lot.   Especially when I think about how old I'll be for that last one.  I'm afraid to even write it.

Emma's kind of off to the left here (behind the boy with the red glasses).


Really getting into it!


Ethan dancing to Footloose.  He wanted to know why they had him wear cowboy clothes.  Good question.



And my last pictures of the school year are from the fun run.  I almost didn't go- too many things to do before the kids were home for the summer, but decided at the last minute that I didn't have a really good excuse, so I went.





The kids all did great, and it was fun to watch them with their friends.
All in all, this was a great year- good teachers, good friends, and lots of fun.  Also lots of work.  I'm glad it's summer now!

No comments: