Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

is to be able to spend the day out of bed!

It's a good thing I didn't completely procrastinate Christmas, because I got strep Sunday afternoon, finally went to the doctor Tuesday morning for antibiotics, and am feeling slightly human again today. Having a mom with strep is not the most fun thing for kids at Christmas. It's a good thing they have a fun Dad who builds snowmen, and two great sets of grandparents who do things like taking them out to Arctic Circle for ice cream and help them deliver gifts to neighbors. I also had a "secret Santa" from Relief Society, who brought us dinner on Monday night (she didn't know I was sick). That was so nice, since I definitely wasn't up to making dinner.

Anyway, instead of all the fun Christmas stuff I usually do, I've been sleeping a lot. And reading. That's been kind of nice, actually, although even reading gets old after the second day. The good news is that I've been up all day today- although I think I'd better go lie down for a little while so I can survive the evening. Hopefully I won't be too much of a grouch for the festivities tonight!

No comments: