Monday, April 23, 2012

Price and Josh turn 14!

First, an apology for the 49 million blog posts you're about to see from me- it has been two months since I last posted, and that wasn't for lack of material to post about.  I could make up something good to excuse myself, but suffice it to say that 1- my camera broke, 2- I had to figure out my new camera, 3- I can't even keep my house clean these days, and 4- once I get behind, it's really hard to start again.  Ugh.  So here goes.

Price and Josh turned 14 on February 6th!  So for awhile, we have a Mia Maid and two Teachers.  Bekah says it's kinda weird.  I agree.  For their birthday breakfast, I found a recipe for making giant cinnamon rolls- and I mean plate-size! 

Basically, you roll them up like you're making regular cinnamon rolls, and then instead of slicing them into circles you cut the whole thing length-wise down the middle and them wrap it around itself in a round cake pan.  Absolutely huge.  So huge, in fact, that neither of the boys finished theirs, which is a minor miracle considering how much they eat these days.




When our kids have birthdays, they get to choose either to go out to dinner with Mom and Dad, or to have a friend party.  I almost got them to choose the party this year... they haven't had one since they were 5... but food won out, and we had dinner at JCW's.  Maybe next year I can do a party, they say....  I guess I'll believe it when I see it!











I love my boys.  They can be messy, crazy and exasperating, but they just make me smile.  They are on their way to great things in life!

1 comment:

Merfy said...

Seriously going to try those cinnamon rolls! How long did you bake them?