Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Since we moved into our house 9 months ago, we've thought that our backyard would be great for sledding- we have a long, gradual incline from our house up to the back corner of our yard, and the kids have been excited to try it.  It's pretty amazing that they had to wait this year until the end of January to have enough snow!  The waiting paid off, though, and our FHE activity yesterday was sledding/snowman/snow angel/snowball fun.  It was awesome!  The pictures are awful, since I was trying to capture moving targets in semi-darkness with my lame camera, but here they are:





This is what I found when I opened my bedroom blinds:
the stalker snowman!

 Tim, Eliza and I mostly stayed inside enjoying the fire, but we could watch all of the excitement from the windows, and got thoroughly pelted by snowballs when we taunted the kids from the warmth of the kitchen.  Of course, the snowballs just hit the window- much warmer that way!

It was after 9 when we finally lured the kids in with caramel popcorn and cocoa, and we had a couple of  pretty groggy kids this morning, but it was worth it- awesome family night!

No comments: