For the last few years, we have given the kids a choice on their birthdays: they can either have a friend party, or go out to dinner with Mom and Dad. Mostly, dinner has won out (which I haven't minded at all!). Last year, I almost had Annie talked into JCW's, but at the last minute she chose Chuck E. Cheese's. Oh, the agony.... This time she decided she really wanted a friend party. Keep in mind that her birthday was 8 days after Eliza was born. She agreed to wait a few days, though, and we had the party when the baby was almost 2 weeks old. Still a little crazy, maybe, but I couldn't put her off forever!
I did keep it very simple- we just had 5 kids besides our family. Annie wanted a panda party (not sure why...), so we played games with black and white balloons, made panda puppets, and ate panda cupcakes with cookies and cream ice cream (it's black and white).
Nothing fancy. That's how I roll! :)
Here are Annie's cute friends:
We were glad they could come and celebrate with us, and I was really happy to have the birthday party done!











No comments:
Post a Comment