Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Steele Family Reunion 2010/Minnetonka Cave

I'm so far behind in posting at this point that I'm not sure how much I remember about this summer- but I'm going to try to recap anyway. Our Steele reunion this year was in Bear Lake, Utah, July 9-12th. We went up Friday, got settled in our rental house (all 32 or so of us), and made a valiant effort to get lost on a walk that evening. The next day, we set out for Minnetonka Cave, which is just over the border in Idaho. None of us had been there before, so we weren't sure what to expect, but it turned out great.
We got there in time to book the whole next tour- they took 30 at a time, so we were it! While we waited, the kids colored:


there was much discussion (as always):

and we were a little scared but still determined after reading this sign.


I think my kids' favorite part of the whole reunion was having babies to play with! Here is Rebekah with Lucy.


About to enter- notice all the jackets? Even just standing outside the cave, it was
COLD! The year-round temperature is in the low 40's. Not so great when you're wearing shorts and sandals!


Okay, who am I kidding. The babies are my favorite part, too (not that you're a baby, Smith!).


My strange children with their strange cousins. They make a good team.



The cave was great- we survived the cold, the mud, and the stairs, and were glad to get back out to the sunshine and warm air!

No comments: