Monday, September 6, 2010

Steele Family Reunion 2010- Sunday/Tony Grove

Sunday morning, we all got up and got ready for church. Mom got pictures of almost everyone... here are a few:

Emma ready for church

Peter and Mary (Utah)

Marian and Edward (Texas)

Katy and kids (Colorado)

Matt, Jenni and family- one is well hidden
(Nevada)

Amy and kids (Iowa)

Merle and kids (California)

Church was an interesting affair- the wards there are obviously well-practiced at dealing with lots of visitors. The chapel and cultural hall were filled to capacity, and most of the classrooms were full, too. Before the meeting started, they asked for all Aaronic Priesthood-age young men to help pass the sacrament- we contributed our four. They had sacrament tables on both sides of the chapel, and the water trays were stacked two deep. I think they ended up with about 20 young men passing the sacrament. It was all very well orchestrated- and it was fun to watch Price, Josh, Kai and Max!

After church, we ate dinner and changed into our official "Steele Family Reunion" t-shirts. Our logo was a "Wherever We Go" duck. It's a Steele thing. We all drove up Logan Canyon to Tony Grove, which was absolutely gorgeous. The weather was perfect, and we took pictures and hiked around the lake.







July 17th was Mom and Dad's 40th wedding anniversary. Amy organized a family craft to commemorate the event: this paving stone, with etched glass tiles (Katy did those) and small rocks, shells or other items from around our houses. I thought it turned out great.

The view from the rental house:

Ready to leave:

I love my family. I'm glad we're still all willing to spend time together each year, since we live so far apart!

2 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

Britton said, "I want to go to your friend's house again."
Thanks for having us, it was great.

Getting together with family is the best. What wonderful memories for your children.

Jen said...

We loved having you- but now I wish we lived closer! Hopefully we'll make it out to visit you before too long.