Rebekah made it out of Primary! She had a great birthday yesterday- a date with Mom to the bowling alley, lunch, shopping (three new shirts and scented body spray) and ice cream. Then home for more presents, cake and ice cream. She asked for an i-pod cake. This is how it turned out. I am not the best cake decorator around, but hey- I tried.

Today was Rebekah's first day in Young Women! She was so excited, and they were extremely glad to have her, too. Up to now, the young women's program here has consisted of two sisters with their Mom as leader- so they're glad to extend out of the family! They all came into church and hugged Rebekah this morning. I'm glad she felt so welcomed.
Since today was Mother's Day, I was also able to reflect on my years as a mother. Rebekah's 12th birthday marks 12 years of motherhood for me. In some ways it seems like it was yesterday, and in other ways I feel I've lived several lifetimes since then.
Sometimes, I wonder about my ability to help all of my children learn, grow and thrive, and to feel the extent of my love. I can only be split so many ways, after all. On Friday, Ethan brought a Mother's Day card home. In part, it said, "My Mom loves me because I am her favorite kid." I am so glad that he feels that. My prayer is that I can try my hardest to be a good Mom, and then rely on the Lord to make up the difference. I believe that is what the Atonement is all about.
Being a Mom is harder than anything else I've done, but it also the most rewarding thing I've ever done... by a long shot. I am so humbled that Heavenly Father has entrusted these six souls to us. And if my kids are reading this... thanks for the PB/banana French toast this morning. It was yummy!
Today was Rebekah's first day in Young Women! She was so excited, and they were extremely glad to have her, too. Up to now, the young women's program here has consisted of two sisters with their Mom as leader- so they're glad to extend out of the family! They all came into church and hugged Rebekah this morning. I'm glad she felt so welcomed.
Since today was Mother's Day, I was also able to reflect on my years as a mother. Rebekah's 12th birthday marks 12 years of motherhood for me. In some ways it seems like it was yesterday, and in other ways I feel I've lived several lifetimes since then.
Sometimes, I wonder about my ability to help all of my children learn, grow and thrive, and to feel the extent of my love. I can only be split so many ways, after all. On Friday, Ethan brought a Mother's Day card home. In part, it said, "My Mom loves me because I am her favorite kid." I am so glad that he feels that. My prayer is that I can try my hardest to be a good Mom, and then rely on the Lord to make up the difference. I believe that is what the Atonement is all about.
Being a Mom is harder than anything else I've done, but it also the most rewarding thing I've ever done... by a long shot. I am so humbled that Heavenly Father has entrusted these six souls to us. And if my kids are reading this... thanks for the PB/banana French toast this morning. It was yummy!


1 comment:
Having your daughter enter Young Women's is a huge, wonderful, thing. I embraced this with tears and a smile.
Having great leaders and good friends is essential, and it sounds like Rebekah is going to make the transition with ease.
The birthday shopping sounded like a blast, I like shirts and body spray.
Post a Comment