
Ethan doesn't actually turn 7 until next Thursday, June 5th. Since Grandma and Grandpa were here, though, we had it early. Ethan is an absolutely great kid. He fits into our family so perfectly (even though he gets teased by his older brothers) and makes us complete. On a Mother's Day card he made last month, he wrote that, "My Mom loves me because I am her favorite kid". I'm so glad he feels my love for him! I hope that each of my children feels that they are my favorite... because they are!
Here are seven things I love about Ethan:
1- Every morning, at family scripture study, he wants to cuddle up next to me while we read.
2-He is a super-smart genius kid. Seriously. When he was in preschool, I would try to work on letters with him, and he just refused. Then one day, when he was about 4 1/2, he asked me how you sound out words. I showed him one word. He could read. Makes me feel a little superfluous sometimes.
3- Ethan LOVES airplanes and helicopters, and can tell you what they are when you pass the airstrip here.
4- He is really good at playing with his little sisters.
5- He can carry on a monologue about Star Wars, helicopters, or futuristic spaceships indefinitely.
6- Kids who don't have many friends call him their best friend.
7- Even though he is the fourth of 6 kids, and has every right to have middle child "issues", he loves me, and he knows that I love him!
This is Ethan's tiger birthday cake. It turned out way cuter than I thought it would. Kinda makes up for the horrendously ugly Barbie cake I made for Emma's birthday.


No comments:
Post a Comment