Every year, as part of the Provo Freedom Festival, all of the 5th graders in the county get to participate in the "Hope of America" program. This was our first (and probably last) opportunity to have a kid in the program, and it turned out to be a really cool thing. The boys practiced their songs and actions for months, were given red t-shirts to wear, and had to bring sunglasses and flashlights. The logistics of getting there in time/parking/battling thousands of other parents and kids trying to get to the Marriot Center were a hassle, but the program was worth it. My favorite part (other than seeing my kids be part of the flag, of course) was a group of over-50 women do a dance number, and then having a dance solo by the 92 year old leader of the group, who did a high kick above her head and then did the splits! Totally awesome. She got a standing ovation.
Price and Josh did a great job, and had a really fun time, too. I was very glad that I wasn't
a) in charge
or
b) one of the teachers who has to make sure the right kids get connected to the right parents after the thing was over. It took a looong time to get out of that parking lot and back home. End of year stuff is upon us... it's the long race to summer vacation!


1 comment:
That lady was my favorite part too! I don't think I have ever been that limber!
Post a Comment