We have taken this same picture quite a few times over this last year. We bought a zoo membership on Annie's birthday a year ago, and have been back about 6 times. We decided to go one last time before it expired, especially so we could see all the new babies. We were not disappointed!
I think we were the first ones in the zoo in the morning- and for good reason. It was freezing! Pretty nice to have the zoo to ourselves for the first hour, though. We loved our one-on-one time with these cute babies:
1- Baby giraffe. Taller than me already. Trying to eat the fence. Extremely cute.
This is the best picture I could get of all three cubs. Pretty much just looks like a puddle of tiger (reminds me of "Lil' Sambo" from when I was a kid- they don't tell that story anymore!)
There was also a baby snow leopard, a baby siamese crocodile, and a baby colubus monkey. The definite star of the show, though, was Zuri, the new baby elephant. Seriously, if you haven't been to the zoo to see her yet, GO! She was just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Tiny, compared to her mother (although she weighs 330 pounds already), and so curious- she reminded me lots of a human baby.


No comments:
Post a Comment