Translation: Mom I love you a lot and like the way you act and if we cry you are there. By Emma Walker
Cute, huh? Yeah, it pretty much melted my heart, too.
Until a few minutes later, when Emma sidled up to me and asked, "Can you give me money?"
It took me a second to realize what had happened.
It's not pretty.
After dinner tonight, Emma asked me for money. This is a frequent occurrence lately, as she likes to have a quarter to spend at the vending machines in the library lobby. (Don't get me started- why they need candy in the library is beyond me. If they get sticky pages it's their own fault.) I told her that I don't work that way- she needed to do something for me and then maybe I would give her a quarter. Tim suggested cleaning up toys outside or straightening downstairs. I guess she didn't like that idea. Instead, she wrote me a (fake) nice note. I guess she thought if she buttered me up she might get more.
Yes, folks, that's what it takes. Money is the great motivator at our house, apparently.
Cute, huh? Yeah, it pretty much melted my heart, too.
Until a few minutes later, when Emma sidled up to me and asked, "Can you give me money?"
It took me a second to realize what had happened.
It's not pretty.
After dinner tonight, Emma asked me for money. This is a frequent occurrence lately, as she likes to have a quarter to spend at the vending machines in the library lobby. (Don't get me started- why they need candy in the library is beyond me. If they get sticky pages it's their own fault.) I told her that I don't work that way- she needed to do something for me and then maybe I would give her a quarter. Tim suggested cleaning up toys outside or straightening downstairs. I guess she didn't like that idea. Instead, she wrote me a (fake) nice note. I guess she thought if she buttered me up she might get more.
Yes, folks, that's what it takes. Money is the great motivator at our house, apparently.


No comments:
Post a Comment