Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last Days of Summer

Saturday, we decided to take a "last fling" trip before school starts. Tim is done with classes for 2 weeks, so we had originally planned an overnight trip to Ogden. When we more closely examined our finances, we turned that into a day trip to do free stuff. It was fun anyway.

We started by meeting Grandma and Grandpa Walker at the Air Force Museum on Hill Air Force Base. Grandpa is very handy to have along in such situations, since he was a fighter pilot, and thus has a wealth of information and great stories!

Pigeons roosting in the bomb bay.

Future astronauts?

Pilot in training.

Ethan in the cockpit, Rebekah as back-seat driver.


Flight simulators- it was hard to pull the twins away from this. I think we need to find one for home.


After the museum and lunch (Greek... mmmmmm), we drove north to visit the Golden Spike National Monument.



I made Josh and Price walk through the grass so I could get a picture of all the grasshoppers jumping around them. Unfortunately, they didn't show up in the picture, so you'll have to trust me. There were a billion grasshoppers.


At the end of the afternoon, we got to watch while the engineer put the trains away for the night. That was definitely the coolest part- and that train whistle is loud!

We got home around 7, and then Rebekah and I left for the Scera Shell Theater, where we saw "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". It was fun, and we had a good time together. Now, however, I think it is time for a nap. Long day!

No comments: