Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cousin's Camp is over, but the fun goes on....

After the play on Saturday, four of the cousins left to visit their other grandma- camp was officially over. Just before they left, though, Peter and Mary got here for the family reunion. Our numbers only decreased by two, but with a better kid:adult ratio. Sunday we all went to church (our visitors even got to sing in the choir with us). Monday, Mom decided to take everyone up the canyon to play and relax.

She reserved a campsite, knowing that it would just be for the afternoon and evening- no camping involved. We brought chairs, horseshoes, and water guns, and just let the kids play. Honestly, I wasn't thrilled to be there at first- I'd had enough togetherness, I guess- but the creek and the cool breeze won me over, and it turned out to be a great way to spend the afternoon.


I'm not sure how the kids convinced Annie that it would be a good idea to lay down and be covered by gravel, but they did. She was the dirtiest kid when they were done- although she had some competition! Showers all around when we got home.

No comments: