Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Piano Recital


January 2 the kids had their piano recital. They were amazing! I don't know where they got it from, but all 5 of them (Annie is still untested) seem to have this mutant gene that allows them to do BETTER under pressure. I don't understand it, but I am grateful- it makes performances fun! Annie had Joyschool today and they talked about setting goals. She has set a goal to learn to play a song on the piano. Mom is going to start teaching her now, too. I guess we'll see how her nerves are next recital.

For the record, here are the songs the kids played:
Rebekah- What Child is This, and Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree with Missy.
Price- Deck the Halls
Josh- Jolly Old St. Nicholas
Price and Josh together- Little Drummer Boy
Ethan- Up on the Housetop
Emma- Silent Night

We were glad that Grandma Shipley, Grandma and Grandpa Walker, Aunt Sandy and cousins Brian and Logan were able to come, too! It's nice to have an appreciative audience.

No comments: