Tuesday, March 18, 2008


I have a new addiction. Her name is Karla, and she is my cleaning lady. I'm not sure, when we move back to the States in June, that I will be able to survive without her. Obviously, I survived the first 12 1/2 years of married life cleaning my own house, but now I've had a taste of the good life, and I don't want to go back. Karla comes once a week, and once a week my house is sparkling clean. She cleans under beds, washes windows, sweeps and mops my huge expanse of tile floor, dusts, polishes all our woodwork, and (most importantly) cleans the bathrooms. It is such a nice feeling to check my email, play with the girls, bake, go on walks, or read a book, and know that my house is getting CLEANER while I do it. Amazing. Here is a picture of the kid's sparkling bathroom, with the girls wondering at my choice of photo locations.

4 comments:

Edward and Marian said...

Hahaha! I was wondering when you'd give in. . . Cute girls (and great bathroom)!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Eh? Does karls travel?

Debie Spurgeon said...

I mean KARLA. I should really proof read before I make a comment.

Liz said...

Bring her with you to Utah! The Steele family could keep her very busy all up and down the Wastach front!
~ Liz (cousin to Jen)